Our 12 week fully accredited iCAN Dad course covers:
- Cooking Lessons
- Tenancy Sustainment
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Employability Skills
- All whilst exploring the mindset to being a great dad!
All sessions are delivered on a Wednesday evening at Highbury College – Cosham Campus.
Be the man you needed when you were young
- Exploring own childhood, Help dads to explore how they were fathered and how that defines themselves as fathers.
Role models & Inspiring Respect
- Which helps dads to identify what respect-inspiring characteristics they already have and which ones they might need to work on.
- Which helps men to understand that tuning into your children is a challenge and requires a conscious act of will and a degree of sacrifice.
Dealing with Challenging behaviour
- Dealing with chanllenging behaviour can be hard for any parent; learn techniques to help work through these tough encounters.
Building memories & leaving a legacy
- Which helps dads to understand how important fathers are to their children, what the role of a father is, and to explore the legacy they would like to leave their children.
Who is this course for?
- Dads that want to learn new cooking skills
- Dads that would like to gain a qualification
- Dads who are feeling isolated
- Dads with some but low support needs (note to professionals – we regret that we can not take teir 3 or above)
- Dads who would like to explore what being a dad means to them.