Young Families Coordinator
Salary: £17,250 per annum
Duration: 3 years (With possibility of extension subject to funding)
Hours per week: 30hrs worked flexibly over 5 days (may include weekends and occasional evenings)
To Apply: Please send CV and covering letter.
We highly value a covering letter.
Closing Date: 24th March
The Parenting Network:
The Parenting Network is a not-for-profit social enterprise that provides a much loved and much needed service for local families by working to build a supportive community of families in order to drive forward social change through education on positive parenting and best practice.
Our work with families is delivered through a series of parental support services that all utilise social learning theory as a model to promote fun learning, strengthen family bonds and bring together communities whilst tackling gender stereotyping and isolation.
We deliver a range of parental support services with our core projects being Dadzclub, The Young Families Project, The Portsmouth Parenting Forum, as well as various Parenting Workshops and Courses.
We also provide staff training, consultation services and parental voice & engagement programmes to businesses and educational organisations.
The Young Families Coordinator:
We are currently looking for a confident and motivated individual to join our team as our Young Families Coordinator.
As our Young Families Coordinator you will be responsible for leading our provision to young mums and dads up to 20 years of age, before and after their baby is born.
You will be responsible for developing a programme of activities, events and workshops as well as nurturing an online supportive peer network that both engages and educates.
If the young parents have any concerns, need some information or support then as the Young Families Coordinator you are there to help and advise. Families might want someone to help talk with Social Welfare, Housing Depts. or even their school. Maybe they would like to talk over their plans for the future, problems coming up in their life or just to have someone on their side. You will work in close partnership with other external services and sign post to these services so that families can get the help that they need quickly and easily.
- Passionate about parenting and be knowledgeable of widely accepted best parental practice.
- At least one years relevant experience working with families and/or young people.
- Ability to identify the needs of an individual child/family and foster development, independence, self esteem and self reliance.
- Must have a natural flair of confidence and a good communicator with both adults and children.
- Must be creative and able to plan engaging activities for adults and children of all ages.
- Have experience of working with support services, community organisations or groups and have an understanding of the available local support on offer to families.
- Possess a passion for Portsmouth and the diverse communities, organisations and events that make up the city.
- Enjoys developing positive working relationships with the local community, the local authority, charity and third sector organisations in order to create a network of support for young families who access our services.
- Understand the importance of safeguarding, confidentiality & data protection.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Have excellent administration and interpersonal skills.
- Be a car driver.