Dadzclub Support Worker (Part Time)
Hours: 12 hours per week
Salary: £4,885.92 per annum
Duration: 1 Year (With the expectation of extending being dependant on funding).
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join the team as part of our Dadzclub Project at a very exciting time and help drive forward our plans for the future!
Taking a look at all things dad; tackling isolation and building a supportive network of fathers Dadzclub is for dads that think that fatherhood is more than just babysitting the kids to give Mum a break. Fatherhood has evolved far beyond the age old gender stereotypes of what dads used to be… and the whole family is benefitting!
At the heart of Dadzclub is family and the wellbeing of children; Dadzclub promotes positive fathering and the role father figures play. It acts to celebrate and encourage best parental practice and help fathers in further need of support to be the best father figures they can be.
The Parenting Network is an equal opportunities employer and we value the diversity of our staff and encourage applications from all sections of the community; however please note that there is a genuine occupational requirement for this post to be for a male support worker.
Shared responsibility for planning, coordinating and delivering three Dadzclub meets a week for fathers and their children in family hubs located across Portsmouth.
Supporting Dadzclub at events and online through its social media channels.
Actively reaching out and promoting Dadzclub to other dads and male care givers.
Build up a positive working relationship with local support services.
Promote positive fathering and the role father figures play; placing the wellbeing of the child above all else. Celebrating and encourage best parental practice and signposting fathers in further need of support to help them be the best father figures they can be.
Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post.
- Passionate about parenting.
- Must be a car driver.
- Confidence and a good communicator with both adults and children.
- Must be creative and able to plan engaging activities for adults and children of all ages.
- Possess a passion for Portsmouth and the diverse communities, organisations and events that make up the city.
- Enjoys developing positive working relationships with the local community, the local authority, charity and third sector organisations in order to create a network of support for our fathers and their families.
- Knowledgeable of widely accepted best parental practice.
- Have experience of working with support services, community organisations or groups.
- Understand the importance of safeguarding, confidentiality & data protection.
- Understanding of the available local support on offer to families.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Have excellent administration and interpersonal skills.
Please apply through indeed and supply both a cover letter and CV.